Planning a trip?
It's easier to relax abroad knowing that you're covered if something goes wrong. There are different insurance packages available that cover everything from lost luggage to health care while in another country. Your Provincial Health Care does not cover all medical expenses, so make sure you're protected.
Travel insurance bridges that gap in coverage to help you stay protected during a medical emergency. Be sure to carry travel insurance to safeguard your finances and enjoy a worry-free trip.
Features and Benefits include:
- Unique 8-day plan offers more affordable rates for members aged 0 – 60
- Take Flight ™ plans, a product designed for Snowbirds
- Five million dollars coverage on excess hospital, medical and dental expenses
- 24/7 access to multi-lingual emergency travel assistance
- Exceptional claims service when you need it most
- Convenient multi-trip plans ideal for frequent travellers
- Assistance with lost or stolen travel documents
- Transportation home when medically required and access to a medical professional who can coordinate your medical care
- Necessary lab tests, x-rays and prescription drugs
- Optional plans include trip interruption, accidental death and dismemberment, and air flight accident insurance
- There are no pre-existing condition exclusions if you are under 71 years of age and traveling for 35 days or less, as long as no other exclusions apply
Note: Some products have more underwriting qualifications than others. For complete details call 1-877-885-2847.
CUMIS Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of The Co-operators group of companies and administered by TIC Travel Insurance Coordinators Ltd. Take Flight™ is a trademark of TIC Travel Insurance Coordinators Ltd.
If you travel to the U.S. often, you will appreciate the savings and convenience of the Lakeland Credit Union U.S. Account. This pay-as-you-go account can help you take advantage of a strong exchange rate and save on converting currencies.